Monday, February 11, 2008

Cuban Queen

Hey Gang,


Its funny when my good pals Andra and AC asked me to do their wedding I was super excited but when I found out it was in Cuba I was so stocked! The funniest thing though, the first thing that popped into my head when I thought of Cuba was an old lady smoking a cigar. I had mentioned that to Andra and AC, could you image our reactions when we saw her in Havana! That’s right my Cuban Queen smoking a cigar just waiting for me! This might be one of my favorite portraits I've ever captured.


5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is such an awesome picture Bassem! It almost looks like a painting! You capture the omst unique pictures!

Dawn C.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bas I like this one!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite!!!! Possibly my favorite portrait of anyone. Very soulful!
with a very appropriate title..... that is quite the "Cuban Queen"
Brings to mind the work of Annie Leibovitz....... simply because you both have a way of capturing the real soul and personality of a person while giving the portrait your own definitive style. Tracey.

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

basam!! what a fabulous picture!!! Its almost like a painting!!
beautiful work as always!!
jen

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There she is...A cuban beauty!! I feel lucky to have been in the presence of this shot..lol Bassem your are the Master!! I have been waiting weeks to see this shot..well done! AC

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home